Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut is open to serve you! Call our legal aid hotline: 1-800-453-3320. You can also apply for legal help online.

Get Legal Help

Statewide Legal Services has free advice for low-income people with legal problems in Connecticut.

You can find out more about legal problems and apply for help here.

Client Complaint Procedure

Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut (SLS) is committed to providing high quality legal services and holds itself accountable to those we seek to serve. Any person who feels they were denied services improperly or who is dissatisfied with the assistance provided by SLS may speak with a Supervisor.  If the person is still dissatisfied after speaking with a Supervisor, they can speak with the Executive Director. 

If the person is unsatisfied with the Executive Director’s decision, they may appeal to the president of the SLS Board of Directors.

The Board of Director’s President’s decision will be final if the complaint involves: a person financially ineligible for services; a request for assistance prohibited by federal law; a request for assistance outside program priorities established by SLS’s Board of Directors. 

For assistance, please contact:
Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut, Inc.

1290 Silas Deane Highway
Wethersfield, Connecticut  06109

Phone:  860-344-8096 extensions 3007, 3017
Fax:  860-563-3518

If you have an emergency
you should call our office.
Do not fill out an application online.

Need help with a housing problem?

If you are facing eviction or losing your housing subsidy (such as Section 8), you may have the right to a free lawyer. Call 1-800-559-1565 or get more info at

Why apply online?

  • Our phone lines are open for limited hours and are very busy.
  • The wait time on the phone can be long.
  • You can apply any time of day or night.
  • The online application will help you find out if you qualify for our services.
  • If you apply online, your phone interview will be shorter when we call you back.
  • You can apply online for legal help with family, housing, public benefits, unemployment and other problems.
  • You can also apply for bankruptcy, debtor’s rights and consumer protection only online.
  • You can apply online using your computer.

If you have an emergency
you should call our office.
Do not fill out an application online.

Find a legal aid office some place else in the United States or around the world.