SLS empowers low-income people in Connecticut to obtain justice by providing tools to address their civil legal needs.
At Statewide Legal Services we believe knowledge is power. We are a legal aid advice and referral center helping low-income people solve their legal problems. We believe that everyone should have access to justice.
- Our advocates can help you with legal questions about family, public benefits, housing, unemployment and other problems.
- If we can help you, we will give you free legal advice. We will answer your questions. We will help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities so you can make the right choices for you and your family.
- Some cases may be referred to other legal aid programs or a volunteer attorney.
- You must have very low household income for us to be able to help you.
- Your case must be in Connecticut.
- We cannot help with criminal or immigration problems.
- We are a non-profit organization and our funding is limited. We cannot help everyone who applies for help.
You do not have to apply or talk to someone to get help. We have a Self-Help Library with information about legal problems on CTLawHelp.org.
- Find free legal information
- Download brochures
- Take classes to help you with your legal problems
- Watch videos and slideshows
- Find helpful links Here are links to our Self-Help Library: